NHSCA Board Meeting
September 19, 2011 4:00 – 7:30
NHTI Conference Room Grappone Hall 217
Members in Attendance: Holly Vieten, Robin Hogan, Lynn Merlone, Kathy Hoppa, Susan Theberge, Mitch Taranow, Charles Landell, Celia Salson, Beth Harrington, Stephanie Collins, Kim Lavoie
Call to Order
Approval of agenda
Roster for School and SAU addresses; Names of Principal and Superintendent
State Leader’s Meeting in Pennsylvania
● Discussion around whether we should send board members to attend this conference.
● We have $500 in our budget for this meeting.
● Further details are in handout.
● Speak with Lynn if you are interested in attending
Approval of August Board meeting minutes
Motion: Robin Second: Holly Approved
● Review of last years expenses for LDI and the spring conference: need to be within budget
● Discussion of grant money for organization
● Questions about revenue
● Taxes done
● Audit done last in 2007 by Mallone, Dirubbo & Co., PC/ Finance committee will get together regarding this issue after the fall conference
Motion: Mitch Second: Sean Approved
Review and Update NHSCA Board Policies
Break for dinner
Conference Update and short items for review
● Maine would like to do a Conference Swap—two representatives from Maine attend our conference for free and vice versa (Nov 3 and 4) Willing to extend an invitation to Maine but if 2 of our board members want to attend Maine conference they will need to pay for room and transportation info in website
● Giveaways – old editions of ASCA Model will be on a table at the fall conference
Resumed work on Board Policies
● Board discussed finishing Board Policies one section at a time at each meeting.
● Members are required to review the section before attending the meeting.
● As a board we discussed Email versus SCENE and decided to send reports via email like the past.